Nail tech Stella Sampson of Athens created this scary Disney Halloween nail art. “Minnie Mouse got attacked by an evil witch with a toxic potion that melted half of her face!” she says. Follow her on Instagram @nailart.stella.
1. Apply two coats of black gel-polish and cure each coat. Apply matte top coat and cure. With a makeup sponge, apply white and gray acrylic paint in order to give the background a dirty look.
2. With a line brush, sketch out the design using white acrylic paint.
3. Using nude, white, and black acrylic paints, fill in the sketch.
4. Using a line brush, add more details to finalize the face and the skull.
5. Mix some black and gray acrylic paint in order to make a gray color and dilute it with water. Add the gray to the skull side of Minnie’s face to give some texture, and add some on the face side near the melts. Then, with purple, paint the bow, add some shadows using darker purple, and outline it with white. Apply a thin layer of matte top coat
6. For the toxic potion bottle, use white gel paint to draw a draft sketch of the bottle and the level of the liquid. Cure.
7. Paint over the line of the left side of the nail with white gel paint. Using a shadow brush, take a small amount of top coat and smooth the line toward the inside of the bottle. Cure. Now the glass appears more realistic.
8. Apply green gel paint for the poison inside the bottle. Cure. With white gel paint draw the “toxic” sign. For more details, use a dotting tool to add dots of light green in the liquid to look like bubbles. Cure. For the remaining nails, use green gel paint to draw dripping toxic liquid and cure.