The Prabal Gurung Spring/Summer 2019 collection took inspiration from today’s significant social and cultural shift and breakdown of gender and traditional roles and identities. To celebrate this power of inclusivity, Prabal Gurung enlisted male and female models from over 35 nationalities to walk the show.
For the nail look, Jin Soon Choi for JINsoon matched a JINsoon nude shade to each model’s skin tone to signify the diversity on the runway. The team used combination of shades including Nostalgia, Sandbar, Milieu and Dulcet. Every model also received a dark, vampy, plum-colored pedicure using JINsoon Risqué to complement the fall collection. “The diverse manicures celebrate each model’s culture and identity, while the pedicures tied together the inclusive feel of the show,” says Choi.
The 3.1 Phillip Lim/Summer 2019 collection was inspired by the Moroccan desert and the textures that are found while traveling, with 1960’s retro futurism in mind. Marled tweed, pop prints and metallic shades pay homage to mid-century subculture, taking onlookers on a nomadic journey.
The nail look by Jin Soon Choi for JINsoon features a smoky gray shade to complement the textures, prints and metallic embellishment the collection aesthetic portrays.
The TIBI Spring/Summer 2019 collection embodies the role a wardrobe plays in making us feel something. The natural mix of an urban palette of browns, blacks. and burgundies merge and intermingle with sun bleached colors from nature in hazy pinks, yellows, and shades of green. The transparency creates a feeling of lightness juxtaposed with metal details and a fresh eye on a new collection. The TIBI Spring/Summer 2019 nail look by Jin Soon Choi for JINsoon follows this inspiration with a nostalgic chipped nail look to bring back memories.
Get this nail look:
- Shape nails and remove any residue from the nail bed.
- Apply JINsoon Power Coat to all nails.
- Using the brush in the polish bottle, dab polish on the nail starting in the center. Work the paint outwards from the center of the nail in various strokes to create an uneven shape. Do not cover the whole nail — leave some natural nail showing.
- Repeat step 3 on the other nails leaving two nails unpainted on each hand. These two nails will be the accent nails.
- Using JINsoon Absolute Glitz, repeat step three on the accent nails.
- Finish the look with JINsoon Top Gloss.
The Badgley Mischka Spring/Summer 2019 collection took inspiration from the whimsical world of Alice in Wonderland as the designer celebrates 30 years in the industry with pops of vibrant colors and sheer metallic elements. The nail look by Jin Soon Choi for JINsoon follows the milestone celebration with confetti-like nails that include pops of color and a classic shimmery shade that alludes to the fantasy atmosphere.