View this post on Instagram
Blake Lively wore a dark, glittery manicure with a martini glass accent on the red carpet for the NYC premiere of A Simple Favor. Her look, created by celebrity nail artist Elle, was inspired by a modern disco and 1930s Berlin.
Elle explains how she created this nail design:
- Blake chose the color I used, LeChat Dare to Wear Rock the Mic, herself a few weeks back when she knew what she would be wearing. She went with this glittery gunmetal polish because it was the perfect complementary shade to her chic, black matte Givenchy suit with glitter coattails. Her blouse looks exactly like the polish!
- For the nail shape, I kept it clean and natural.
- I painted each nail (with the exception of her accent nail) with LeChat Dare to Wear Base Coat, followed by two coats of LeChat Dare To Wear Rock the Mic and finished off with LeChat Dare to Wear Top Coat.
- For the accent nail (her left ring finger) I started off with the base coat, then applied two coats of LeChat Dare to Wear Black Velvet.
- Next I “polish secured” Swarovski Crystal ABs to make the stem of a martini glass, completed with a Swarovski Crystal triangular stone for the glass shape. To “polish secure” stones, I set the stones into soaking wet polish and then let them dry. I used a fine striper brush to go around the edges of the crystals with the top coat so it would be secure and not lose the brilliance of the stones.
- Then I just let everything dry — LeChat dries very fast. Blake is a multi-tasker and is not one to sit still so she doesn’t have a lot of time to let her nails dry, especially since she styles herself too!
- Once the polish set, I added LeChat Pomegranate Nobility Cuticle Oil to hydrate her cuticles and also so her nails would slide as she was moving around to get ready. This really helps allow her to get things done rather than thinking about her nails drying.