Julie Kandalec for Essie created a bold, negative space design topped with a glamorous bronze glitter for the gold section of Opening Ceremony’s Spring/Summer 2019 collection. “The moon shape mirrors the sweetheart neckline of a sweater in the show,” she says.
Get the look:
- Apply Here to Stay Base Coat for a smooth polish application.
- Using Licorice and the brush from the bottle, create a heart-shaped area of negative space near the cuticle.
- Fill in the rest of the nail down to the tip with Licorice.
- Add three coats of Summit of Style over the black polish.
- Finish with Speed.Setter Top Coat for high shine.
Kandalec played off the gingham print found in the executive tailoring section of Opening Ceremony’s Spring/Summer 2019 collection. “I wanted to juxtapose the tiny print in the clothes with a magnified version on nails,” she says.
Get the look:
- Apply Here to Stay Base Coat.
- Add one coat of Marshmallow over the entire nail.
- Using a flat shader brush dipped in Licorice, draw two lines equally spaced apart down the center of the nail.
- Next, create two to three horizontal lines from edge to edge with Licorice.
- After the polish dries, apply another coat of Marshmallow over any areas of white.
- Finish with Speed.Setter Top Coat.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.