1. To start, prep the nails with Essie’s First Base Base Coat to protect and prevent chipping.
2. Next, Kudo placed one drop of Shahidi’s Essie polish selections on a makeup palette (you can also use a dish!) For this particular look, Shahidi really wanted green, sporty nail art to play off of her Tory Burch track suit jacket, so Kudo used spills of Essie’s Chillato, Mojito Madness, and Mint Candy Apple (one of Yara’s main go-tos!) to create the look.
3. Using a thin nail art brush, Kudo dipped into one of the colors to make an outline of a circle on the nail. Once the outline was made, she switched back to the original Essie brush and filled inside the circle.
4. Wait a few minutes for the color to dry, then repeat the same process alternating colors from outside to inside. Clean up any cuticles or edges with a thin corrector brush and acetone.
5. The look was finished with a coat of Essie’s Gel.Setter top coat.