Inspired by innovative architect Zaha Hadid's linear-yet-organic structures, Julie Kandalec for Essie created a "shattered metallic ombre" design that play off the shiny, eye-catching elements in Cushie et Ochs Fall/Winter 2018 collection. This twinkling take ont he classic French manicure gives a natural nail color an instant, glitter boost.
To create a glitzy French manicure, Kandalec suggests a soft square shape. "If the nail is too oval, it doesn't look as graphic," she says.
Get the manicure look:
1. Apply First Base Base Coat.
2. Next, apply two coats of Skinny Dip.
3. Dab Summit of Style across the tip of the nail.
4. Turn the brush so the handle points toward your wrist and lightly drag the leftover polish in the direction of the cuticle to create a natural trail of glitter.
5. Intensify the sparkle by adding another layer of Summit of Style to the tip only.
6. Finish with Speed.Setter Top Coat for high shine.