1. On average, about 10% of techs work less than 5 hours a week, while 13.7% work between 36 and 40 hours per week.
2. Almost half of all nail techs (49.4%) are married with children.
3. Roughly one third of nail techs (31.69%) do not work in a traditional salon enviornment.
4. The majority of surveyed techs have been doing nails for more than 9 years (54.9%).
5. The average monthly rate of a booth rental is $445.36.
6. The average tech personally services between 20 and 21 clients a week.
7. About 10% of techs spend more than $300 on supplies a month.
8. Russia's beauty industry market size is $14.6 billion, which is $10 billion more than Canada's, which is at $5 billion.
9. Almost 75% of nail techs had another career of business before they got started in the nail industry.
10. The most common age range to start beauty schooling is between 30 and 39, at 23.7% of surveyed nail techs starting at this time.
To stay up-to-date on the nail industry, review our compilation of 2017 stats: www.nailsmag.com/page/70218/market-research#2017Stats