Nail tech Lisa Bennett of Bakersfield, Calif., created this delicate design using acrylic, gel, glitter, and mylar. Follow her on Instagram @lisa.b.ivystar.
1. Prep the nail for application. Using a clear tip and cover pink acrylic, create an extended nail bed in your desired shape.
2. Using builder gel and mylar pieces, fill the free edge, keeping the mylar clear
of the edges. Cure.
3. Add glitter gel to fill in the spaces around the mylar shapes and cure.
4. Cap the entire nail in builder gel and cure according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. File, shape, and buff the nail smooth.
6. Using a clear, no-cleanse top coat and a fine line art brush, paint a design on the nail, flash curing as you go to keep the design sharp if it takes more than a few strokes.
7. Use a clean applicator to apply your favorite pigment to the top coat design.
8. Apply a no-cleanse top coat to the entire nail. Finish the service with cuticle oil and lotion.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.