1. Apply base coat and cure. In columns, polish the nail in thirds with a purplish gray gel, purple gel, and light blue gel. Do not cure.
2. Blend the colors together with a thin striping brush and clear gel. Cure.
3. With a striping brush, draw crisscrossed lines to create a quilt pattern. Cure.
4. Add a second set of thin crisscrossed lines parallel to the previously drawn lines. Apply a dollop of clear gel into each parallelogram to create the quilt’s puffiness. Cure.
5. Add Swarovski crystals to each corner of the squares.
Guadalupe Cossio, Los Angeles @gocaranzanails
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.