Northern Virginia-based mobile nail tech Avia Marcia Paul’s 2017 trend forecasts includes graphic and classic designs incorporated with a mix of metallics. “For this look I was inspired by the glistening snow and icicles that hang on our windows in the winter,” she says. “I love designs you can make with striped, lined, and negative space nail art.”
1. Prep the nail and sculpt an enhancement to preferred shape. Using upward strokes, paint the tip of the nail with a light blue polish. Allow to dry. Repeat for full coverage.
2. On a makeup sponge, paint a line of white polish across the width of the sponge. Paint a line of light blue polish underneath. Do this two or three times so the polish is wet enough to stamp onto the nail enhancement. Dab the sponge onto the nail to create an ombre effect, placing the white just above the center of the nail.
3. Reload the sponge by painting the white and light blue nail polishes and repeat Step 2.
4. With a fine art brush and white polish, paint three horizontal lines.
5. Apply silver or holographic striping tape above each white line.
6. Trim off excess striping tape and seal design with a glossy topcoat.
Follow Avia Marcia Paul on instagram: @thenailistaproject.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.