The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is gearing up to host the International Salon and Spa Expo (ISSE) on January 28-30, 2017. You and your students will benefit from attending this award-winning industry show, which includes global manufacturers, industry-leading educators, and exciting competitions.
Returning to the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif., ISSE will feature more than 400 top salon and spa product manufacturers from around the world, as well as more than 200 educational seminars taught by industry-leading beauty professionals. Expected to attract thousands of licensed professionals each day, ISSE is nationally recognize by Trade Show News Network as one of the industry’s leading shows.
“The International Salon and Spa Expo is known for bringing together the industry’s most influential professionals, and the 2017 event will certainly not disappoint. The Professional Beauty Association has created a must-attend expo featuring the latest trends, hottest brands, cutting-edge instruction, and an insider’s look at what’s hot in the industry,” said PBA Executive Director Steve Sleeper.
Highlights for the 2017 ISSE Show include:
- New for 2017! The Beauty Platform: ISSE introduces a new stage on the show floor that features the hottest professional beauty influencers, products and brands. The stage is set to be the platform for innovation and inspiration.
- New for 2017! Makeup Competition: Attendees are invited to make a name for themselves by entering the first-time makeup competition. Themed with Fantasy, the competition will zero in on two categories, Special Effects (SPX) and Airbrush.
- Nail Competition: It’s time to be California Dreamin’ at the ISSE nail competition as the themes focus on the Golden State. Competitors will be tasked in one of two categories: Hand-Painted Nail Art featuring a Long Beach, California theme and Mixed Media Nail Art featuring a Magic Garden.
- Business Education For the Independent Salon Professional: ISSE 2017 brings the independent salon professional more education focused on strategies to build their business and advance their career. With a focus of marketing, strategy and social media this year’s line-up starts on Saturday with additional opportunities to network and learn.
- Big Name Exhibitors: With names like Conair, Matrix, Moroccanoil, Redken, and Rusk ISSE brings the biggest brands, leading professional tools and products to the west coast.
- PBA Beauty Bar: Licensed beauty professionals can get their hands on the latest beauty product samples. For a suggested donation of $5, attendees can choose five of the 20 premium samples available from the hottest brands in the industry. All proceeds from the Beauty Bar will support CUT IT OUT®: Salons Against Domestic Abuse.
Please visit PBA’s website for more information about the show.
You Might Also Like: PBA Offers Scholarships for 2017
For more information about your career in nails, check out NAILS Career Handbook
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.