1. Paint two layers of sheer gel-polish and cure between coats. Apply mermaid glitter to the entire nail over the tacky surface and seal with top coat. Cure. Use a fine brush and red gel-polishes to paint the base shape of flowers. Cure.
2. Use a thin brush and white gel-polish to add details to the flower. Cure.
3. Outline the petals using black gel-polish. Cure.
4. Add more details to the flowers and cure. Paint a branch with a detail brush and green gel-polish. Cure.
5. Highlight the flowers with white gel-polish and add more details around the rest of the nail. Cure. Seal the entire look with top coat and cure.
Leila Durant, Hesperia, Calif., @nailartsbyleila
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.