1. Apply two layers of gray gel-polish and cure between coats.
2. Use a makeup sponge and white gel-polish to dab color over the gray base.
3. Repeat the same technique in Step 2 using black gel-polish. Cure.
4. Using navy blue gel-polish, paint one thick vertical and two horizontal lines. Move and wiggle the brush while you paint for a textured effect. Cure. Paint one thin vertical line and cure.
5. Using a thin brush and a neon gel-polish shade, paint fine horizontal and vertical lines. Play with placement! Cure. Seal the entire look with top coat and cure.
Nails by Kim Bui, Vy’s Nail Spa, Norfolk, Va., @sincerelykimbui