While Halloween is technically not over yet, we're looking ahead to the holiday season. So get ready to offer your clients something festive and trendy with this layered design. “My favorite nail styles always include several techniques,” says NTNA alumna Danielle Costantino. “Layering a few looks creates the illusion of dimension even if the art is flat. Clients gravitate toward intricate designs because it stimulates their mind.”
1. Prep the nail for gel application. Apply a gel base coat and cure.
2. Add a layer of silver sparkly foil gel or glitter. Cure.
3. Ombre the bottom half of the nail with gold sparkly foil gel. Apply a small amount on the tip and reverse your gel brush and blend back toward the cuticle, making sure to pull and pat the second color in the center of the nail. Cure once you reach your desired gradient.
4. Apply a layer of top coat to smooth out the surface. Cure. Use a liner brush and black gel paint to paint a triangle design. Cure.
5. Use a thin brush to cover the black triangle with top coat. Add random thin lines over the uncured top coat to dilute the color and create a marble effect. Cure.
6. Apply top coat to the entire nail and cure. Embellish the design as desired using Swarovski crystals and adhere using nail resin. Apply one final layer of top coat around the stones to secure them. Cure.
Follow Costantino on Instagram: @nailsbydanielle
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.