1. Apply rainbow metallic gel and cure. Add top gel for optimum reflection. Cure.
2. Use a detail brush and orange gel-polish to paint the linear background. Cure. Begin to paint the base shape of the eye.
3. Add more detail to the background with a light gel-polish shade. Cure.
4. Use blue gel-polish and a dotting tool to fill in more detail. Cure.
5. Add iridescent shimmer gel-polish for more shine. Cure. Seal the entire look with top coat.
Nails by Torie Bastian, Crown Point, Ind. @thepolishedpinky
You can also mail your tips (one for each step) and written instructions to Sigourney Nuñez, NAILS Magazine, 3520 Challenger St., Torrance, CA 90503. Make sure to include your name, salon name (if applicable), city, state, and contact information. When mailing us tips for Nail Art Studio, please mail them in a padded envelope or box to keep the nail tips fully intact in transit.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.