All The Leaves Are Gold
1. Paint the nail with a nude shade. Cure.
2. Paint the outline of a tree using black gel and a fine brush. Cure.
3. Apply small pieces of gold foil as the leaves of the tree using the inhibition layer to adhere the pieces. Seal the look with top coat and cure.
Antique Fall Flowers
1. Paint a white base color and allow to dry. Paint a coat of an iridescent glitter shade and allow to dry. Paint the base shape of the flowers using gray and peach shades. Make sure to layer the shapes to create depth.
2. Paint more flower shapes in black using thicker lines. Paint over the black with a peach shade leaving an outlined effect.
3. Add highlights of red and glitter to add details to the flowers. Use a darker gray to add leaves to the flowers. Once dry, seal the entire look with top coat.
1. Using a neutral brown or beige gel-polish, create a base color, and cure. Do not remove the inhibition layer.
2. With a fluffy makeup brush, apply a bronze pigment to the cuticle area. Wipe excess from brush, and blend lightly toward the free edge. Apply a clear gel top coat and cure.
3. Paint (or stamp on) an animal print pattern using small “c” shapes, and dots to fill in the spaces. Finish with a clear top coat and cure.
You Might Also Like: Handout: Basic Nail Art
For more information about your career in nails, check out NAILS Career Handbook.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.