You can always charge more for nail art, especially if it’s done by hand. From an easy ombre to a detailed negative space design, pressed pigments allow you to get creative with a dry medium.
1. Apply a black gel-polish color curing each layer as directed by the manufacturer.
2. Using a small dry brush, apply the pigments to the sticky layer of your cured gel-polish.
3. Repeat step 2 using any pigment of your choice to create a desired effect.
4. Using a design or striper brush, paint swirls on top of the pigments using a clear builder gel. Cure.
5. Wipe the entire nail with cleanser. All the pigment that was not covered with clear design gel will wipe-away and reveal the black base color underneath.
6. Seal the entire look with gel top coat and cure.
Ami McClure, Co-Founder of Profiles Nails, Cape Coral, Fla. @profiles_nails