Linda Reinsone, winner of the Scottish Nail Technician Top Tech Photographic Nail Art Category, shows how her award-winning design came to life.
1. Prep nails and place forms under the free edge. Cover the natural nail with a thin layer of gel and start to build a stiletto with a thin layer of gel on the free edge. Cure for 3 minutes in a UV lamp.
2. Use cover pink to extend the nail bed. Pinch the nail. Remove forms and tacky layer. File the smile lines.
3. Build the free edge of the nail using Brillbird Color Gel B04.
4. Make flower petals from white and neon orange color powders.
5. Continue adding petals.
6. Use white acrylic paint to add lines and dots. Apply top gel to nails (with the exception of flowers). Place crystals into gel before curing. Cure for 3 minutes then apply cuticle oil.