If there is any feeling that says summer, it’s the exfoliating joy of sand between your toes. This month’s cover tech Elsbeth Schuetz discovered a gorgeous way to use sand in her nail art, creating an easy and unique embossed design. Using extra-fine sand allows the color of the gel pattern to show through for a beach-ready hang ten.
Schuetz always jokes about her longtime career doing nails. “I was Rembrandt’s assistant,” she says with a laugh. As an educator for Orly International, Schuetz travels extensively teaching classes and workshops. She also has a full schedule as a celebrity manicurist. Her most recent job? On the set of “Wonder Woman” (due out in 2017), keeping actress Gal Gadot’s nails wonderful.
Get this month’s cover look:
1. Apply two coats of blue gel (using Orly’s GelFX).
2. Apply a matte top gel, cure, and wipe off sticky residue.
3. Using a thin brush, paint net-like lines using the same color or a color that’s one shade darker.
4. Immediately sprinkle with fine sand.
5. Cure double time.
6. Use a nail scrub brush to remove excess sand.
You Might Also Like: