1. Polish the nails with two layers of CND Shellac Cream Puff. Cure between coats.
2. Using a combination of dark, medium, and light shades of gel-polish, dab a generous amount of each shade in random spots on the nail.
3. Use a piece of plastic wrap and form a small ball. Dab the plastic ball with a light touch over the gel-polish to blend the colors. Cure.
4. Use a striping brush and white gel-polish to outline a mosaic-inspired pattern. Cure.
5. Trace over the white outline with a metallic gel-polish shade. Cure. Seal the look with top coat and cure.
Nails by Diane Diaz, Canvas Nail Studio, Chicago, @canvasnailstudio
Want to see your nail art how-to here? Email email@example.com
You can also mail your tips (one for each step) and written instructions to Sigourney Nuñez, NAILS Magazine, 3520 Challenger St., Torrance, CA 90503. Make sure to include your name, salon name (if applicable), city, state, and contact information. When mailing us tips for Nail Art Studio, please mail them in a padded envelope or box to keep the nail tips fully intact in transit.