What you wear to work makes a big impact on your clientele. Last year’s NTNA winner Lavette Cephus models six salon outfits that exude professionalism, style, and confidence.
1. Full high-waisted burgundy pants topped with a vintage paisley top (cut from a dress) – and don’t forget a handsome gold wrist cuff.
2. Everyone digs a lab coat; dress up a white coat with a stylish yet comfortable slim black dress underneath.
3. Lavette’s slim purple skirt is from a thrift store; the sleeveless top is worn backwards so it fits snugly against the neck. Note the dazzling gold tassel necklace; it’s on another outfit too!
4. Take a sporty dress, cut it into a shirt, and add a full lacy black skirt with comfortable flats. Here’s the tassel necklace again, worn as a decorative waist chain.
5. Velvet maroon top, light pink cropped pants, and blue denim pumps bring a party of textures and color to the nail table. Keep accessories simple so clients can figure it all out.
6. Hello 80s! Thrift store shirt is loose and comfortable; Lavette pairs it with leggings and killer metallic pointed flats. A pair of retro frames and vintage earrings seal the package.