Follow this step-by-step to see how Nail Guy created a 3-D design with a unique “fishtail” nail shape.
1. Prep nails. Apply OPI Free Forms to the nails. Using OPI Absolute Crystal Clear powder, Absolute Monomer, and the Royal Point brush, sculpt out the free edge of the nail to the desired length and shape. For Robert’s surf board-inspired “fishtail” shape, shape the acrylic into points.
2. After applying acrylic over the entire nail, remove the forms and use an OPI Edge 180 to shape the sidewalls and lateral folds as well as the fishtail. After surface filing, use an OPI Flex 220-280 to smooth out the surface.Use OPI NAS-99 with an Expert Touch lint-free nail wipe to cleanse the nail and remove oil and dust.
3. Using the same clear acrylic and a nail form, build out the goat’s horn.
4. Apply OPI GelColor Base Coat and cure for 30 seconds in the LED lamp. Then apply two coats of OPI GelColor Coca-Cola Red.
5. On an accent finger, use OPI GelColor Oi, Another Polish Joke, curing for 30 seconds between each coat.
6. Using acrylic paints, draw the goat’s head and detailing on the horn.
7. Add any other additional design with acrylic paint.
8. After the acrylic dries, apply a coat of OPI GelColor Top Coat and cure for 30 seconds.Use NAS-99 to remove the sticky residue.
What do you think of this look? Let us know in the comments below!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.