Rita Remark is one of Canada’s top nail artists. Her impressive body of work spans international fashion weeks and Canadian magazines. She is known for her natural manicures and wildly graphic nail art. Remark’s eye for detail has earned her the reputation of a nail perfectionist, a visionary, and one of Essie’s Nailistas to watch.
Follow these steps to see how Remark paired a jet black cream with a metallic gold to create a gold-plated half-moon manicure.
1. Apply a thin coat of First Base base coat.
2. Follow with two even coats of Licorice.
3. Using a striping brush dipped in Good As Gold, draw a horizontal line across the moon as a guideline. Fill in the rest of the nail to the tip with gold polish.
4. Dip a dotting tool in the black polish and create a horizontal line of dots over the gold polish.
5. Complete the look with a shiny coat of Good to Go top coat.
You Might Also Like: