Marina Krikunenko is an award-winning nail artist and instructor at Training Studio NailDesign in Kiev, Ukraine. Krikunenko created a nail look inspired by the artistry in comic books about the powerful and iconic Wonder Woman. Follow these steps to see how this Ukrainian nail tech did justice to a super hero nail design.
1. Extend the nails with camouflage acrylic powder, transparent gel, bright pink color gel, and silver glitter. File the surface of the nails. Remove the dust using a brush. Apply nail cleanser. Cover the middle and ring fingernails using white gel-polish. Cure under a UV light for about 30 seconds or 15 seconds under an LED light.
2. Use white and brown acrylic paint to thinly outline the Wonder Woman details on the nails in a pop-art style. Paint the logo on the index fingernail, the portrait on the middle fingernail, a comic book-inspired explosion on the ring fingernail, and stars on the pinky fingernail.
3. Fill in the some of the design using blue gel-polish. Cure under a UV light for 30 seconds or 15 seconds under an LED light.
4. Continue to fill in the design using red and yellow gel-polish. Cure under a UV light for 30 seconds or 15 seconds under an LED light.
5. Use dark acrylic paints to lightly shade the Wonder Woman portrait and add depth to the design. Use black gel-polish to outline the stars on the pinky fingernail. Cure under a UV light for 30 seconds or 15 seconds under an LED light.
6. With black acrylic, paint the outlines of the rest of the design. Draw the word “WOW” on the ring fingernail over the explosion gradient pattern. Cure for three minutes under a UV light or 30 seconds under an LED light.
7. Apply gel transfer foil to add a shiny finish to the design. Apply a layer of gel-polish top coat and cure for two minutes under a UV light or 30 seconds under an LED light. Remove the tacky layer to complete the look.
You Might Also Like: