In the Jan/Feb 2014 issue of Shape Magazine, four great DIY manis are highlighted for a great look in the office or out on the town.
Lunar Eclipse: A spin on the French tip
1. Apply two coats of OPI Nail Lacquer in Alpine Snow over the entire nail to create the half-moon
2. Once dry, press a semicircular stencil (paper reinforcements from the office work well, too) onto the arc of the nail
3. Paint a top coat of OPI Nail Lacquer in Black Onyx
4. Peel off the adhesive and don't forget a top coat!
On Point: sharply shaped nails with neutral polish
1. Trim top corners of nails to a triangle, then file the clipped edges to create smooth tips. (if your nails aren't naturally long, use a faux nail kit to land the look.)
2. Apply two coats of a universally flattering rose-tinged beige like JINsoon Nail Polish in Nostalgia
3. Finish with a top coat.
Gold Finger: decadant nails
1. With the Ciate Caviar Manicure Luxe in Lustre, apply two coats of the lacquer without letting the second coat dry
2. Sprinkle the pearls onto the nail and gently press down to secure
3. Add a top coat to keep them all in place.
Purple Reign: For a splash of spring
1. Apply two layers of Sally Hansen Triple Shine in Vanity Flare as a glossy base.
2. Apply a single layer of the opaque Sally Hansen Triple Shine in Drama Sheen for dimension
3. Lastly, top coat!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.