Steady your students on their first wobbly steps up the career ladder by giving them resources to ease the move from school to salon. One free tool is a webinar from the Professional Beauty Association (PBA). Dubbed "Transition in Style: From School to Salon," the new online seminar features beauty industry professionals Damien Carney, Winn Claybaugh and Steve Gomez covering such topics as:
- Get noticed in school and translate that into future opportunities
- Find your passion and avoid burnout
- Create a resume and portfolio that stands above the rest
- Prepare for interviews with proven results
- Identify the salons, work environments, and job descriptions that are made for you
- Ensure your first job is the beginning of an exciting and fulfilling career
Live webinar attendees will have the chance to interact with and pose questions directly to the panelists. If the webinar is during your regular class hours, this may be something worth tuning into together. Otherwise, consider assigning it for homework, then having a class discussion the next school day.
Open to everyone, this complimentary webinar will be held on August 26, 2013 at 12 p.m. EST (11 a.m. CST, 10 a.m. MST and 9 a.m. PST) and is part of PBA's continual effort to provide education to beauty professionals. To register, go to www.probeauty.org/eduonline.
You Might Also Like:
NAILS Career Handbook Available as a Digital Magazine