The Nail Sanctuary, Portland, Ore., uses: Dermalogica Power Recovery Pack, Conditioning Body Wash, Body Hydrating Cream, Clean Massage Oil Base, Professional Strength Stress Relief Oil; cuticle oil, grapeseed oil, eucalyptus essential oil, sea salt, base coat, polish, top coat, essential oil hydrosol.
1. Create the mask: 1 Tbs. Dermalogica Power Recovery Pack, 1 heaping Tbs. hot water, and 3 pumps Dermalogica Clean Massage Oil Base. Also set up two bowls, each with 1/4 tsp. sea salt and 1 pump Clean Massage Oil Base. Also set up a small bowl of Dermalogica Conditioning Body Wash. Warm water inside a teapot and bring to the table. Lastly, create the serum: 1.5 pumps of Dermalogica Professional Strength Stress Relief Oil and 1 pump of Clean Massage Oil Base and place serum in a bowl. For the following steps, perform each step on the left hand first while right rests, then repeat the step on the right.
2. Remove polish and shape the nails. Rub in cuticle oil. Pour water from the teapot into a manicure bowl. Add grapeseed oil and eucalyptus essential oil to the water. Soak the client’s hands, then blot dry.
3. Push back cuticles and complete nail prep.
4. To the body wash bowl, add some teapot water. Put on an exfoliation glove, then moisten it with the body wash mixture and lightly scrub the client’s hands and lower arms. Remove body wash with warm towels.
5. Place towels under the client’s arms. Using the sea salt mixture, exfoliate the client’s hands and upper arms, then raise the arms, fold each towel in half (to keep the salts from getting back on the client’s arms), wrap hands and arms in warm towels, and let rest on top of dry towels. To remove the salt, wipe with warm towels.
6. Use a fan brush to apply the serum to the client’s hands and lower arms. Apply Dermalogica Body Hydrating Cream over the serum and massage.
7. Place a polyester film sheet under each arm on top of a folded towel. Have the client turn her arms wrist-side up. Use a small body brush to apply the mask to the forearms and palms. Have the client lift each arm up, turn it over, and lay it on the sheet again. Apply the remaining mask to the top of the forearms and hands; wrap each in a sheet. Wrap the client’s hands and arms in a warm towel. Cover both with dry towels to keep the heat from escaping. Allow the client to rest.
8. Unwrap the arms from the towels. Drag the film across the arms to remove the mask. Wrap the arms in fresh towels and let rest.
9. Use the towels to remove all traces of the mask. Blot dry with fresh dry towels.
10. Clean nail plates. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
11. Spray essential oil hydrosol along the tops of the client’s forearms.
Want to see your signature service here? E-mail details to sree.roy[at]bobit.com.
You Might Also Like:
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.