Allure magazine spoke with top nail techs Deborah Lippmann, Jin Soon Choi, and Ji Baek to give readers tips on how to nail a manicure.
- Exfoliate nails with a gentle buffer.
- Rub cuticle remover over nails before pushing back cuticle.
- Clean nails with polish remover before polish application.
- Use files that have the right finish (superfine or medium emery board).
- Choose a ridge filler as your basecoat even if nails don't look like they need it.
- Let nails dry completely between coats.
- Apply topcoat every other day to keep nails glossy and chip-free.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.