Island Spirit Healing Center and Day Spa, Kealakekua, Hawaii, uses: Aina Botanica Hibiscus Rose Thalassotherapy Soak, Pineapple Macadamia Nut Body & Foot Scrub or Hibiscus Kava Vanilla Bean Dry Scrub, Herbal Infused Honey Mask, Tropica Blend Body Oil, and (optional) Muscle Comfort All Purpose Skin Salve; Hawaiian salts, hibiscus, Meyer lemons, limes, and oranges (preferably organic and locally grown); Hawaiian Pohakus Stones (preferably with aromatherapy); (optional) base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Soak the client’s feet for 10 minutes in water with Aina Botanica Hibiscus Rose Thalassotherapy Soak, Hawaiian Salts, hibiscus, and slices of Meyer lemons, limes, and oranges. Customize the water temperature to the client. (Don’t add heat to already heated muscles. Use cooler water if needed for problematic water retention.)
2. Exfoliate the client’s feet with Aina Botanica Pineapple Macadamia Nut Body & Foot Scrub or Aina Botanica Hibiscus Kava Vanilla Bean Dry Scrub.
3. Prep nails.
4. Apply Aina Botanica Herbal Infused Honey Mask to the client’s feet, and let sit for five minutes. Wrap each foot with hot or cool towels, depending on the client’s needs. (To help absorb congestion from heated muscles, use two hand towels to soak up cool temperature brine water and Aina Botanica Muscle Comfort All Purpose Skin Salve and use as a compress.) Remove towels after about 10 minutes.
5. Place Hawaiian Pohakus Stones flat on the ground or in an empty pedicure tub and have the client place her feet on top of them, which will target nerve endings.
6. Massage the client’s feet and lower legs with Aina Botanica Tropica Blend Body Oil for five to 10 minutes. Give the client a choice of a longer massage or polish.
7. Apply either a steaming hot or a cool towel wrap (depending on the client’s condition) on both of her feet.
8. Apply base coat, two layers of polish, and top coat (optional). Advise the client to drink lots of water.
Watch a video step-by-step of this pedicure on NAILStv: www.nailsmag.com/tropicalbliss