According to Lucky Magazine's November 2011 issue, the universe is having a nail moment. Between gels, overlays, and eye-popping colors, there's something new to do everywhere you go. Stay in the know, and keep up with what's out there for clients.
Customers have to get OPI's Axxium done at a salon, but it lasts--smooth, flawless, and never going dull.
- Maintenance Factor: Takes 45 minutes to do and 15 minutes to remove.
- Lasts For: It never chips! But clients should go back to the salon every there weeks for a fresh coat.
NAIL POLISH STRIPS
These are stickers--just press one of the many designs onto a client's nail. To remove, simply peel off or use nail polish remover.
- Maintenance Factor: It's a five-minute manicure with no drying time.
- Lasts For: A week or so (longer if your client ignores smudge-prone tasks like dishes).
PAINT AND PEEL DUO
The brand Sula manufactures this unique tool. Paint on the nontoxic formula and peel off when ready with no polish remover!
- Maintenance Factor: Like a regular manicure, but it peels off in seconds.
- Lasts For: A few days to a week.
SEPHORA NAIL STUDIO ART
Customers pick from many looks on display at Sephora and then buy all of the products involved in that look.
- Maintenance Factor: Twenty minutes or so, depending on difficulty.
- Lasts For: It's regular polish, so comparable to a salon manicure.
Brands like Nutra make this at-home version of salon gel treatments. It takes under five minutes to dry and leaves a patent finish without UV light.
- Maintenance Factor: Twenty minutes to put on, five to remove.
- Lasts For: Around 10 days, give or take. Reported to be more durable than a regular mani.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.