Step-by-step by Talons Nail Evolution, Victoria, B.C., Canada
Dead Sea salts, Gena Pedi Soak with Tea Tree Oil, rockweed, CND Marine Salt Scrub, Seaflora Nourishing Alaria Body Wrap, laminaria, shea butter, beeswax, almond oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E, chamomile extract, peppermint essential oil, base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Put hot rocks into a pedicure bowl. Add warm water and Dead Sea salts to the bowl, then soak the client’s feet. Add Gena Pedi Soak with Tea Tree Oil to the soak.
2. Prep nails and remove calluses.
3. Add rockweed (a type of seaweed that can be harvested from local beaches) to CND Marine Salt Scrub. Exfoliate the client’s feet and legs with the scrub.
4. Apply Seaflora Nourishing Alaria Body Wrap to feet and legs. Remove with hot towels.
5. Blend together a kelp-based moisturizer. Talons’ recipe changes depending on what’s locally available, but the base recipe consists of laminaria (harvested from local beaches), shea butter, beeswax, almond oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, water, vitamin E, chamomile extract, and peppermint essential oil. Massage feet and legs with the blend.
6. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
Price: $56 (C$60)
Alternate Names: Seaweed Pedicure, Mermaid's Delight Pedi, Under the Sea Service
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.