Week 1: Dashing Diva
Appliqués are an amazing way for nail art to reach the masses, as one artist’s vision is shared with everyone who dons the nail coatings. This week we tasked our Top 12 to create their own patterns for nail art appliqués using Spring/Summer 2014 trend reports supplied by sponsor Dashing Diva. Using the following nail trends as inspiration, our contestants will select one trend to create their own design for a nail appliqué set for Spring/Summer 2014.
The seven trends are as follows:
1. Art Nouveau
2. New Neons
3. Spring Florals
4. Stencil & Laser Cut
6. Erte (Art Deco)
7. Elements of Nature
Check back on September 13 to see what our Top 12 come up with and don’t forget to VOTE for your favorite contestant each week!
This week’s challenge winner will receive the following products from Dashing Diva (a $400 value):
• 1 piece each of all Appliqués (ColorFX, DesignFX Fall/Winter, Ombre, Glitter, Accent, GTL) and Tattoo.
• LED LightPod Kit: LED LightPod, Top Gel, Base Gel, 1 CFX, 3 DFX
• Virtual Nail — Matte
• Virtual Nail — French
• Adhesives: Brush-On Glue, Tailor Bond, Fastbond, and Virtual Bond
• Files: Brown, White, and Pink
• Dashing Diva Bag
• The winner of Week 1 will also have his or her design considered by Dashing Diva to become a part of its 2014 Spring/Summer Collection.
You can find more information about Dashing Diva at www.dashingdivapro.com.