For more than fifteen years I have conducted research among both those who feel that their lives are balanced, and those who believe that their lives are way out of whack. I have seen that those in balance and those out of balance are not separated by education, upbringing, marital status, or even income. So, the obvious question: What separates them? Here’s the short answer: The actions they take day in and day out.
11. Stop any activities you currently take part in that are non-priorities.
12. Focus on the important things in your life. What things are you unwilling to die having left undone?
13. Call two friends every weekend. You will stay connected and build the ties that last forever. These relationships are good for your heart — in more ways than one.
14. Join a Mastermind group that will encourage you in your quest for work-life balance. Such a group will keep you honest and hold you to a high standard.
What I’ve observed is that people get so caught up in work that they forget to live a full life. That, to me, is unacceptable. I promise you that when you up-level your life with the 14 action-steps above, you will get the following benefits that flow from work-life balance:
• You will attract more positive people and opportunities in your life.
• You will become passionate about your family and key relationship, your friendships, your career, and YOU!
• You will become a master at making time work for you so that you do more and better work in less time.
Remember, you DO deserve to live a great life.
© 2008 Darryl L. Mobley
About the “Work-Life Balance Mastery & Motivation Mastermind” and Darryl L. Mobley. Darryl L. Mobley, the nation’s foremost thought leader on Work-Life Balance, is creator of the Six Steps to Work-Life Balance™ and is founder of the “Work-Life Balance Mastery & Motivation Mastermind” group, which can be found at www.WorkLifeExpert.com. Darryl is a Work-Life Balance coach, a marketing strategy consultant, an executive coach, a highly sought-after professional speaker & trainer on Work-Life Balance, success, motivation, leadership, parenting and relationships, and an author of several books on personal development. Free subscriptions to Darryl’s Work-Life Balance Newsletter are available at
/www.WorkLifeNewsletter.com. Darryl is a graduate of West Point, a former Army Officer, a former corporate executive, a successful entrepreneur, a father and a husband.