As animal prints come back en vogue, the style pubs are making it their mission to help readers understand that it’s chic to wear…and best in small doses.
In Style’s February 2009 issue calls animal prints, especially leopard, a “hot trend.” The fashion mag quotes stylist Kate Young as saying “They’re great with black, but they also look fresh with red, acid green and almost anything else — except other prints.”
Glamour’s Slaves to Fashion blog tells readers, “And you can never go wrong in an all black outfit and one leopard accessory!”
Elle’s News Blog went a little bolder saying big animal print pieces are OK and can be toned down with black.
Transfer this hip advice to your pedis. What could be more stylish than a little animal print showing through some swank black peep-toe heels? Or a shiny set of them shown off in strappy stilettos?
CND explains how to get those stylish leopard nails:
1. Apply one coat of Stickey Base Coat to perfectly manicured nails. Let dry one minute.
2. Apply two coats of Crème Brulée Enamel and let dry.
3. Create large and small leopard spots in random patterns on the nail using Cuppa Joe Enamel.
4. Fill in the centers of some random leopard spots with Brown Sugar Enamel.
For a faster print, Katie Lansel from Beauty Brands in McCordsville, Ind., tells all on her cheetah print nails:
1. Apply two coats of a soft yellow-gold polish. Let dry.
2. Using a toothpick or the pointed end of a nail art brush, make random black dots, placing them close together all over the nails.
3. Let dry completely. Apply top coat.