With concern for the environment growing and some cities banning the use of disposable bags, reusable shopping bags are becoming a must-have for many.
1. Made in California, The Inconvenient Bag is cut of one piece of sturdy fabric and holds up to 45 pounds. Larger sizes come with longer double-stitched handles for shoulder carrying and have an interior pocket. The bags come in original designs and prints.
2. Offering bags of all shapes and sizes and for all occasions, Action Bag Company features this colorful, compact bag for smaller shopping trips. A print logo or design can be added.
3. Baggu features a rainbow assortment of nylon bags in the familiar T-shirt shopping bag design. It holds two to three times the content of plastic grocery bags, and its long handles allow for comfortable over-the-shoulder carrying. The entire bag folds into a flat small square pouch.
4. Flip & Tumble’s multi-purpose bags have long shoulder straps with a sewn-in no-slip patch for comfy carrying. The best part is the built-in elastic pouch into which the entire bag can be easily stuffed to form a ball the size of an orange.
5. Green with Envy offers eco-friendly products, including these large canvas shopping totes manufactured by Bukabags. Made in the U.S. with quality cotton and sewn with nylon string, they’re extra large and can hold more than 25 pounds.
6. Created by individual designers, Calypso Studios’ S.H.O.P. bags carry up to 20 pounds and come in packs of three. Made of lightweight material and foldable, they come in a carrying bag that fits into a glove compartment.
7. Reisenthel has an extensive line of shopping bags. This egg-shaped Mini Maxi Ladyshopper has a magnetic closure and long straps for hand or over-the-shoulder carrying. It has a mini built-in storage bag so you can reduce the entire bag into a compact size.