September 2009 marks the 30th anniversary of CND. Read on for some things you may not know about the company.
This month marks the 30th anniversary of CND. And since we all know how the company started in Dr. Stuart Nordstrom’s garage, we thought we’d bring you 30 things you might not already know.
1. Creative Nail Design’s first “poster girl” was Susie Bono —Sonny Bono’s third wife!
2. Solarnail liquid monomer (CND’s first product) was named during the first “solar powered craze” of the ’70s — who said history doesn’t repeat itself?
3. CND’s first nail tips — the Solar Pointé, introduced in 1984 — were made of nylon, and if you found a tray of them today, they would STILL be impossible to file!
4. John Heffner, president and CEO of CND has been a front row guest at the Grammy Awards for the past five years and is grateful to have met almost all of his musical idols over the years!
5. Marie Warne, Creative Nail Design’s first employee outside of “family” was hired in 1979 and still works for CND!
6. There are friendly ghosts at the office. The ghost of Mary Nordstrom lives in the ladies restroom on the second floor and often moves objects such as doors and paper towels.
7. All CND events and working meals are catered with health-conscious foods to promote a healthy work-style.
8. Tequila is the CND party beverage of choice.
9. One of CND’s graphic designers has completely decorated her work space with colorful shag carpet — desk chair and all.
10. The UK CND distributors met at CND Boot Camp and fell in love in three days. They have been married now 10 years. They are both named Sam Sweet and have a company called Sweet Squared.
11. Everyone knows CND has heart and works diligently to raise funds for breast cancer research, but did you know they do lots of little things behind the scenes to help others? CND donates product to the American Cancer Society’s Look Good Feel Better program and has provided manicure services at veteran hospitals to Wounded Warriors and their families!
12. Jan Arnold used to wear a “page boy” hairstyle.