A regular team meeting is essential for running a successful business.
“The importance of the team meeting cannot be overemphasized in running a successful business,” says Francis X. Acunzo, CEO of medical spa consultants Acara Partners. “It is essential to ensure that your clients are receiving the highest quality of care and you’re creating a sustainable business through maximizing your greatest asset, your team.”
He advises that team meetings should be held monthly at minimum and that a typical agenda should always include the following:
- Report on the state of the business: Include last month’s sales as it compared to your budget and previous year.
- Goal-setting for the upcoming month.
- General housekeeping items (i.e. remember to close the staff room door, how to use the new time clock, etc.)
- Training component: Arrange for a vendor training/re-training on a particular procedure.
- Communication: Discuss upcoming advertising, website updates, next month’s promotions, changes to the incentive program, etc.
You can find more tips at Acunzo’s blog, SpaBusinessMD (www.spabusinessmd.com).