You’ve graduated from school, secured a job in a great salon, and now you need those clients. According to successful industry veterans, you can fill your book in six months. Here are 67 ways to do just that.
MAKE THE SALON A WELCOMING PLACE
43. Keep it neat. Make sure your table is clean and the client sees that you disinfect your implements.
44. Make your table an oasis. Products should smell, feel, and look good.
45. Be unique. Come up with unique signature services (like a Mojito Manicure) that your clients can’t get anywhere else.
46. Encourage them to test products. Display “try me” bottles of retail products on your table.
47. Use convenience technology. Offer online booking so clients can book appointments at all hours. Look for smart phone scheduling apps. Also allow clients to text their appointment requests to you.
48. Don’t ignore the other half. Create services that invite men into the salon.
49. Show them what you have to offer. Keep retail displays organized and well-stocked.
50. Put a white board near the salon entrance. Update it daily with the services and times you’re available.
51. Schedule clients back to back. That way they’ll see other people in your chair.
52. Decorate your front window. Promote services with attention-getting window displays.
53. Pay attention to the details. Notice special needs and subtly try to make a client’s visit easier.
Next page: Have a Bonding Experience