You’ve graduated from school, secured a job in a great salon, and now you need those clients. According to successful industry veterans, you can fill your book in six months. Here are 67 ways to do just that.
63. Educate yourself. Read trade magazines, attend trade shows, and take continuing education.
64. Take copious notes. Keep client cards to help you track allergies, nail issues, and contact information. Write down colors they like so you can remember next time.
65. Show off. Display your education certificates, plaques, trophies, and press coverage in visible areas.
66. Niche marketing. Figure out what you’re best at (enhancements, Minx nail coatings, pedicures, etc.) and create a name for yourself in your area for this type of service.
67. Know about diseases and disorders of the natural nail. Be able to give advice on treatment, and know where to refer clients for help. Have a list of specialists who you trust — dermatologists, podiatrists, etc.