A great signature manicure always starts with top-notch ingredients and a good idea. Themed hand care collections are always a great choice, so why not take inspiration from some of the industry’s top manufacturers. Read on to discover some new signature services created by a variety of companies using their own hand care lines.
Cuccio Natural Age Delay Add on Service
Price: $10 - $15
• Hand Anti-Oxidant Kit
• Pomegranate & Fig Daily
• Lyte Ultra-Sheer Body Butter in Pomegranate & Açai
• Deep Dermal Transforming Wrap and application brush
• Grapeseed Hand
Cuccio Naturalé’s Age Delay add-on signature service is ideal for clients looking to give their hands a youthful skin care boost. Each product contains a heavy dose of antioxidants, which are great at fighting free radicals and renewing the appearance of skin.
1. Begin by using the Pomegranate & Fig Daily Skin Polisher on hands. Apply a dollop of polisher to the one hand and gently rub in a circular motion to help slough off dead skin cells. After rinsing and drying the first hand, repeat the gentle massage and rinse on the other hand.
2. Spray the Grapeseed Hand Anti-Oxidant Oil onto hands to help firm up skin with natural peptides and beneficial vitamins.
3. Apply the Deep Dermal Transforming Wrap treatment on each hand using the wood handle application brush. Use gentle brush strokes and apply an even layer of product. Wrap coated hands with a warm towel for five to 10 minutes before rinsing off to help intensify the treatment.
4. Massage the Pomegranate & Açai Butter Lyte into the skin. The lightweight, whipped formula works to lock in hydration for up to 24 hours. Proceed with the rest of the manicure service or apply base coat, two coats of polish, and a top coat.
OPI Spa Manicure
• Manicure by OPI Skin Renewal Scrub
• Manicure by OPI Effervescent Soak
• Manicure by OPI Rejuvenating Serum
• Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment
• Manicure by OPI Finishing Butter
• N.A.S. 99 Nail Antiseptic
• Nail Lacquer
• Drip Dry Lacquer Drying Drops
Created by OPI concept salon ROB|B, the OPI Spa Manicure is a signature service designed to reinvigorate hands with natural minerals and brightening ingredients. The recommended time for this service is 60 minutes.
1. Sanitize the client’s hands with a hot towel. Remove any existing lacquer, and clip and shape nails. Begin by gently exfoliating one hand with Manicure by OPI Skin Renewal Scrub to eliminate dryness and dead skin. Wrap the hand in a hot towel, then soak in Manicure by OPI Effervescent Soak to help infuse minerals and brightener into the skin. Remove the scrub and wrap the hand in a hot towel. Repeat step one on the second hand.
2. Apply Manicure by OPI Rejuvenating Serum to the back of hands and arms. The treatment imparts skin with natural lightening ingredients as well as grapeseed and licorice extracts. Apply OPI Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment on both hands, working into cuticles to soften and eliminate dry areas.
3. Moisturize skin with Manicure by OPI Finishing Butter. The butter’s SPF 15 and hydrating emollients work to protect skin against sun damage. Clean nails with N.A.S. 99 to remove excess oils for improved adhesion. Apply Nail Lacquer, followed by Drip Dry Lacquer Drying Drops to speed up drying time and treat cuticles with jojoba and vitamin E.
Essie Signature Manicure
• Purifying Hand Treatment
• Purifying Hand Wash
• Manicure Revitalizer
• Refreshing Nail Cleanser
• Apricot Cuticle Oil
• Purifying Nail Polish Remover
• Base Coat
• Nail Polish
• Top Coat
• Quick-E Drying Drops
The Essie Signature Manicure uses products from the Naturally Clean by Essie collection to gently cleanse hands while revitalizing nails, cuticles, and skin. Optionally, age-defying Essie Ejuvenate treatments can be added into the service.
1. Purify your hands and your client’s with the water-free Purifying Hand Treatment. Then, remove any nail polish with Purifying Nail Polish Remover. After gently wiping away any polish, have your client wash her hands with Purifying Hand Wash. Towel dry by patting gently. Trim, file, and buff the nails.
2. For nourishing nail and cuticle care, place one vitamin-enriched Manicure Revitalizer tablet into a bowl of warm water, and allow your client to enjoy the aroma-therapeutic hand soak for five minutes. Next, apply a drop of Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil around the cuticles, and massage before gently wiping off the excess oil. Gently push back the cuticles with a metal implement and trim any excess skin if necessary.
3. Apply a pea-sized amount of Purifying Hand Treatment to each hand, and massage the hands and fingers for 20 seconds, until the product is fully absorbed. Pay extra attention to the nails and cuticles. Follow by misting the nails with Naturally Clean Refreshing Nail Cleanser. This preps the nail for the polish. To ensure there is no remaining residue, dip a cotton pad into Purifying Nail Polish Remover and carefully wipe the nail plate clean.
4. Apply a thin layer of Essie base coat to each nail. Follow with two coats of your client’s choice of Essie nail color and apply whichever Essie top coat best suits your client’s needs. After the nails are dry but before your client leaves, apply a few drops of Essie Quick-E Drying Drops to prevent nicks, smudges, and dents.