Knowing what not to do can be just as important as knowing what to do when trying to create a salon environment that keeps customers coming back.
Knowing what not to do can be just as important as knowing what to do when trying to create a salon environment that keeps customers coming back. This list of “nevers” comes courtesy of Volpe Nails Salons, where it plays an important part in the franchise’s success:
- Never have disagreements with other staff members when clients are within earshot. Settle your differences in private.
- Never become engaged in gossip. If the client wishes to do so, be a good listener, then try to direct the conversation to another area.
- Never discuss one client with another.
- Never use offensive language in the salon.
- Never talk back and forth between stations.
- Never smoke or chew gum in the salon, except in the technicians’ lounge.
- Never discuss personal problems with salon clients or staff members. The manager will be glad to listen in private.
- Never make any changes in the appointment book for personal reasons without talking to the manager first.
- Never leave a client to take or make personal phone calls.
- Never eat at your station.
- Never put down another salon, technician, or product.