Young Nails educator Amanda Dodge shares her step-by-step for how she creates glitter toes using the manufacturer’s products.
Amanda Dodge, a Young Nails educator and owner of the salon Nail Me in Spanish Fork, Utah, shares her glitter toes step-by-step. If performing this service in conjunction with a pedicure, Dodge recommends doing the glitter toenails before the pedicure.
1. Prep the toenails, including using Young Nails Swipe and Protein Bond.
2. File the toenail lengths down. (Glitter toes last four to six weeks so keep nails short at the beginning.)
3. Apply a thin layer of Young Nails Base Gel onto the nails. Do not cure.
4. Sprinkle a custom blend of Young Nails Imagination Art Glitter onto the nails. Catch the excess glitter in a spare lid so there’s no mess and you can save the extra glitter for later. Cure.
5. Apply Young Nails Flex gel to cap the toes. Cure.
6. Remove the tacky layer with Young Nails Swipe.
7. E-file any extra ridges and bumps.
8. Apply Young Nails Finish Gel. Cure.
It takes Dodge about 15 to 25 minutes to create a full set, and she charges $30.