Add a layer of clear gel to natural nails so they won't chip, crack, or break.
Young Nails’ Mani Q Natural Nail Care Gel is a clear gel that protects nails so they won’t chip, crack, or break, says the company. The gel is applied and then cured, and once the sticky layer is removed it can be filed into shape. The product protects for four weeks and then soaks off easily in acetone.
1. Prep the natural nails by pushing cuticles back and removing shine with a medium-grit nail file.
2. Use a lint-free pad with Swipe to remove dust, oils, and contaminants from the natural nails.
3. Apply two coats of Protein Bond. It does not matter if the coats are slightly wet.
4. Apply the first coat of Mani Q to the first hand, from cuticle to free edge like polish. Make sure the product is not touching the skin surrounding the nail plate. Place first hand in lamp and cure for two minutes, and while it is curing apply Mani Q to second hand. Once the first hand is cured, place second hand in lamp and cure for two minutes. Add more product to the surface of the first application if needed to build a higher upper arch or for stronger reinforcement.
5. Once the product has cured for two minutes, use alcohol to remove the sticky layer from the surface of the gel.
6. Apply Lomasi or Rose Oil on cuticle and hyponychium.
7. Massage for proper conditioning.