Step-by-step by Gina Silvestro, Micheal K Galvin & Gel Essentialz Salon, Cranston, R.I.
Sometimes it’s hard to come up with ideas for stylish gel designs for your clients’ nails, so Gina Silvestro, an international certified educator with Akzéntz and a nail tech at Micheal K Galvin & Gel Essentialz Salon in Cranston, R.I., is sharing this sparkly black-and-white marbleized design that she says is perfect for intermediate-level nail artists.
Here’s how to create this look. (All products named are manufactured by Akzéntz. If you use a different brand, simply adjust times to follow manufacturer’s directions.)
1. Prep nails. Cleanse and apply Affixit primer. Place a form and pinch it into a cone shape to the desired length.
2. Apply a thin layer of Bonding Gel. Cure two minutes.
3. Place a large bead of Builder Gel on the form. Dip a marbling tool in Options Black Gel Art and drag it through the gel.
4. Marble in multiple directions, re-dipping between strokes. (This will give it a dimensional effect, and it will spread out the gel in the process.) Cure two minutes.
5. Place another bead of Builder Gel in the same spot.
6. Dip a marbling tool in Options White Gel Art and drag it through the gel.
7. Marble in multiple directions, re-dipping between strokes. Cure two minutes.
8. Apply a few stripes of Options Aurora Silver Sparkles. Cure two minutes.
9. Cap the design with Natural Clear Gel, making sure to fill in any dips. Cure two minutes.
10. Remove the inhibition layer. File to shape. Remove the dust and apply Top Gloss Clear Bright. Cure two minutes.