the salon: Roula’s Nail Spa in Houston
the owner: Roula Nassar
what it is: A cleverly named pedicure designed for those with a bun in the oven. Filled with soft scents and textures to soothe jangled, hormone-addled nerves, the Pickles and Ice Cream Pedicure does not actually feature pickles or ice cream. Instead, Roula’s honors the crazy pregnancy cravings with a cute little “pickle ice cream” nail art design.
• Apply sanitizer to the feet and allow to soak in Hopes and Dreams Bath Salts.
• Remove polish and shape the nails. Buff the nails. Perform the basic pedicure steps. Apply cuticle softener and push back the eponychium. Apply a callus treatment, and reduce the callus.
• Exfoliate the feet and legs gently with Ginger Citrus Scrub. Rinse and dry feet and legs with a fresh towel. • Place paraffin in disposable bags and wrap one bag around each foot, making sure the paraffin is spread evenly on the foot.
•Wrap hot towels over the legs and feet and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Remove the hot towels and paraffin.
• Massage Amber Dreams Body Soufflé into the legs and feet for 10 minutes. Wrap the legs and feet in hot towels.
• Spray toes with antiseptic; wipe nail with acetone. Clean debris from under the nails. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
PRODUCTS: Roula's has developed its own line of spa products to use in its signature services, and uses a mix of these products and other spa products in the Pickles and Ice Cream pedicure. Featured in this cute service with a quirky name are:
• Roula Hopes and Dreams Bath Salts infused with rose oil, extracts, and petals
• One Minute Manicure Ginger Citrus Body Polish
• Roula Amber Dreams Body Soufflé
Constant Cravings, Baby Bliss, Preggy Pedi