Kinetics’ new Shield Gel Polish is a brush-on gel polish that keeps color manicures lasting up to three weeks and can be removed in a simple, 10-minute process.
The formula cures under a regular UV lamp or a new-generation LED lamp, and Shield has 24 colors to choose from as well as Top and Base Coats.
1. Wash client’s hands. Use an antiseptic agent. Remove any nail polish. Shorten the length of the natural nail using the White Turtle Nail File 180/180. Use the K-Straight Pusher to push back the cuticle and to remove all non-living tissue.
2. Buff the natural nail plate using the Funny Penguin 240/240 K-File Sponge to remove shine. Remove any dust from the entire nail surface using the dust brush.
3. Apply K-Dehydrator to remove moisture and oils from the natural nail plate.
4. Apply one thin coat of Shield Base Coat as you would nail polish. Seal the tip of the nail.
5. Cure under the 36-watt UV lamp for 90 seconds.
6. Apply one thin coat of Shield Gel Polish in the same way as nail polish. Seal the tip of the nail. Cure under the 36-watt UV lamp for 90 seconds. Apply a second coat of Shield Gel Polish in the same technique. Cure under the 36-watt UV lamp for 90 seconds.
7. Apply a thin layer of Shield Top Coat. Seal the tip of the nail. Cure under the 36-watt UV lamp for 90 seconds.
8. Use E-DiTac Cleanser and cotton pads to remove sticky residue from all 10 nails. Finish by massaging in K-Aromatic Cuticle Oil to moisturize the cuticles.