Today’s Products offer a new collection of acrylic tools designed with speed and accuracy in mind. Created by nail technician Christine Tran, the tools can be used with any acrylic system, but are designed for speed applications.
They feature a larger brush and French trimmers to quickly apply product and cut precise smile lines. Today’s Products has DVD instructional videos to show how Tran uses her patented techniques to achieve decorative extensions in a short amount of time.
1. Prime the nail and use a Today’s Products #24 brush to apply a little monomer to wet the nail and prevent air bubbles.
2. Apply a tip and cut and file the shape to a stiletto.
3. Apply black and gold glitter acrylic in large swaths using the #24 brush to pull and shape the acrylic over the tip and 3/4 of the natural nail bed.
4. Use the French Trimmer Pointy tool to create a pointed smile line. The tool is pressed into the acrylic, and pulled back toward the cuticle to gently scrape the excess acrylic away. Clean the nail bed with the Pink & White #12 Brush.
5. Apply pink acrylic with the #24 brush.
6. Use the Today’s Products Orignal Tool to clean up where the pink acrylic meets the black at the smile line.
7. Use a sanding band to shape the nail and smooth out the acrylic.
8. Use the Dotting Tool located on the handle of the Today’s Products Cuticle Nipper to make nail art designs. Finish with a top coat sealer.