Strength in Nails: With October being breast cancer awareness month, Thao Nguyen, an educator for Hand & Nail Harmony, came up with this simple yet emotive design focused around the iconic pink ribbon logo.
With October being breast cancer awareness month, Thao Nguyen, an educator for Hand & Nail Harmony, came up with this simple yet emotive design focused around the iconic pink ribbon logo. She used four shades of gel-polish (two of which are part of Hand & Nail Harmony’s special Breast Cancer Awareness Gelish Collection), a striper brush, and a makeup sponge to create this look.
1. Apply neon pink gel-polish (Shake It Till You Samba) as the background. Cure and repeat for a second layer.
2. Use a makeup sponge to apply purple gel-polish (Sugar Daddy) in one diagonal direction. Cure. On the left side of the center purple streak, lightly sponge in a soft yellow gel-polish (Don’t Be Such A Sourpuss). Do not cure. Then on the right side lightly sponge in an orange gel-polish (Orange Cream Dream). Cure.
3. Use a mini striper gel brush and light pink gel-polish (Take Action) to draw a pink ribbon. Cure.
4. Use the mini striper brush to draw a small heart with a darker pink gel-polish (Less Talk). Cure.
5. Apply top coat. Cure. Then cleanse to remove the tacky layer.
You Might Also Like:
The Pedi-Cure for Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Awareness Products: The Month to Think Pink (photo gallery)