Founder of Designer Nail Products (DNP), Pam Sawyer-Thompson, shows how to make a glitter and confetti frosted stiletto design
The founder of Designer Nail Products (DNP), Pam Sawyer-Thompson, has had over 16 years of concentrated interest in all aspects of the nail industry, with a particular fondness for airbrushing nails. She has won awards and trophies and judged many nail art competitions. Here she shows us how to make a glitter and confetti frosted stiletto design.
1. Prep and apply DNP Ultra Bond. Add Cotton Candy colored acrylic powder.
2. Apply a stiletto form. Add two to three Magic Color Acrylic Drops (Yellow/Red) into clear monomer. Dip your brush into the liquid, then the Clear powder, and apply.
3. Using clear monomer pick up a ball of Black Acrylic. Place the ball at the bottom of the nail design.
4. Use clear monomer and with clear acrylic pick up your confetti colors and apply to the nail. File the shape and clean.
5. Using White Gel Paint, draw your pattern on the side of the nail.
6. Use a detailer brush or dotter to finish the design.
7. Apply DNP Ultra U.V.30 to the entire nail, and cure for two minutes in a UV lamp.