Glamour editors have a few Rules for "Hello!" Nails in the February issue.
1. Keep them short. Talons and bold polish do not go together -- short looks chicer.
2. Soften your hands. Vivid colors only call attention to dry, scraggly cuticles, so moisturize!
3. Avoid stains. Always start with a base coat. To get rid of any existing discoloration, soak nails in denture cleaner and water.
4. To go all out: Slick on white polish before the bold shade. It makes the color pop more.
5. Apply in layers. Let each one dry to avoid chipping, which is more noticeable with a bright mani.
The magazine lists professional polish colors from CND (Hot Pop Blue) and Essie (Shorty Pants).